1. According to the US Census Bureau 800,000 people are widowed each year in the United States. “Nearly 700,000 women lose their husbands each year and will be widows for an average of 14 years”-U.S. Bureau of the Census (1999).
2. “There are 13.6 million widows in the United States. Over 11 million of the widowed, in the US, are women. (American Association of Retired Persons 2001)
3. Death of a spouse is ranked as the #1 Stressor: Holmes and Rahe stress scale.
4. On average 75% of the survivors’ support base is lost following the loss of a spouse or significant other; this includes loss of support from family and friends. (www.widowshope.org)
5. “Almost half the women over 65 years of age in the United States are widows. About 7 in 10 of these women live alone.” (U.S. Census, 2000)
Statistics have clearly established that the wife survives the husband in 7 out of 10 families. Unless arrangements are secured in advance, the necessity of making the decision falls upon the wife and children, at a time when their minds are oppressed with grief and distress.
That is why there is undeniable merit in a joint discussion by the whole family and the arrival at a common decision before an emergency enters the home. Selection of an above ground burial (crypt or niche) as well as arranging the financing of such a purchase can be of some comfort and solace to the bereaved family at the time of death.
For further assistance in this matter, please contact us for information concerning availability and 48 months at zero % financing.
Financial Savings Today.
Emotional Savings Tomorrow.
Peace of Mind Forever.